B 250: 09 Lesson 6 Weekly Reflection

Weekly Reflection – Market Research

This week I conducted some market research to determine what my target market wants. An important distinction to make is what the customer wants and what I think they should want. I may be offering a good that is quantifiably perfect, but if the market looks the other way it doesn’t matter.

In one of my other courses, we learned about the Minimal Viable product, the simplest form of the product your store sells. In planning for this venture, I made an assumption on what my customers would want. This week I went out to test if I was right.


Image result for survey


I got a variety of answers to my prompts, but the information was very useful. My MOC commission service seems to be a low-demand service. Many responses showed that people seemed more interested in buying aftermarket sets that were pre-packaged. The cost is expensive and the lead-time is long is a deterrent for many people.  Other parties seemed interested in purchasing instructions for aftermarket sets, rather than pay for brick they may already own.

This is all very valuable insight that I will implement into my site.


Market research is a great way to cut out a lot of the guesswork. Small business lose a lot of time and money making decision based on guesses. Taking the time to ask the market directly can offer great insight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 07 - The 7 Habits

B 283: 06 Lesson 4 Weekly Reflection

B 283: 06 Lesson 10 Weekly Reflection