B 250: 09 Lesson 5 Weekly Reflection

Weekly Reflection – Trusted and Secure

As a frequent online shopper, I have been the victim of some scams. I’ve had sites send me items that are cheap replicas of what was pictures; I’ve had sites steal my card information, and I have had a seller never send the item I paid $700 for.

As a consumer, I value a secure transaction and protection. This week we worked with constructing a payment button through a third party, which is a way of offering customers a secure transaction.

There are some steps that can be taken to ensure visitors to an online retailer are confident in the transaction and trust the shop. Tools like “SSL Certificate & Encryption” for example protect a costumer’s personal info from getting into the wrong hand.


Image result for secure checkoutAn online retailer needs to ensure their site instills confidence in the customer that everything is legitimate. According to checkouthero.io, as many as 20% of site visitors will “abandon” a transaction due to a lack of branded secure payment systems.


In creating a site, be conscious of how your choices will affect the perception of your business. A professional looking site which makes it clear they offer secure checkouts will have higher purchase rates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 07 - The 7 Habits

B 283: 06 Lesson 4 Weekly Reflection

B 283: 06 Lesson 10 Weekly Reflection