Week 13 - Job Criteria



Response To This Weeks Reading



At the bottom of this weeks case study, there was a short little exercise I wanted to complete. It entailed rating each criterion with a personal level of importance, 1 being not at all important and a 5 being incredibly important. The activity was fun and I wanted to walk through some of my results.

As for recognition of accomplishments, I rated this as a 4, which is pretty high. I personally don’t require praise for most of my work. A simple thank you is enough for me. However, I see an accomplishment as a major feat, which I think deserves some recognition.

I placed “constructive feedback from supervisors” pretty high too. Most of my work experience has been taking over the responsibilities of a previous intern. As an intern, I’m very unaware of processes. Instruction or even an example to correct is incredibly important. Without it, I would keep making the same mistake.

Working with intelligent people I placed at a 2. I’ve worked in a variety of setting, with very different average levels of perceived intelligence. I don’t let it affect my work. However, an unintelligent supervisor can really make the job difficult. But, it does offer the opportunity to prove you’re better suited for the position.  Sometimes a takeover is required!



I placed having “challenging difficult tasks” as a 2 as well. I don’t need the work to be taffy-pulling my brain to make the day go by faster. I do however appreciate work that allows me to grow and develop new skills. This leads right into the next one!

I placed a level 3 importance of “opportunities to learn”. As stated, I want my job to bolster me up alongside the company.  It’s important to be a lifelong learner.


Last, is having “meaningful” work. This is incredibly important to me. I have had work that seemingly leaves my desk and goes straight into the shredder. I find great motivation in holding a value-adding position. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 07 - The 7 Habits

B 283: 06 Lesson 4 Weekly Reflection

B 283: 06 Lesson 10 Weekly Reflection